Sunday, October 21, 2007

Milestones

Kate is nearly four months now. Here we go with that time thing again. She is as beautiful as ever. (I will steal some pics from my sisters blog until I get some uploaded.) I think her third month has been by far my favorite! She is so full of personality, so sweet and lovable. She has really discovered her voice and "ha, ha, haaa" can be heard coming from her direction several times a day.
She melts me with her smiles; I really feel like the most important person in the world to her and let me tell you, that is an incredible feeling. Her laugh is very distinctive, very different from her other sounds. I was lucky enough to get it on video, and if I ever find the right cable, I will upload that as well.
She has always hated tummy time, so although she is very strong I thought she might fall "behind" (that silly notion that at really matters how old she is when she first rolls, crawls, and walks) in rolling and crawling. I had her on her tummy the other night, and she was really pushing up on her arms, more than usual. I called Mike in from the office to see and when he saw her he noticed a resemblance to one of his baby pictures, so he rushed into the office to grab the camera. Then, all of a sudden she just rolled over onto her back! It was so quick, and I wasn't prepared for it, and unfortunately the photo-op was over as she bonked her head on the wooden bottom of the ottoman! Poor girl. We worried she might not want to roll again, but that worry was in vain.

Things I miss already? She doesn't really cuddle right now. She is so preoccupied with whatever is going on in the room (read WORLD) around her. We worked so hard at helping her fall asleep on her own, in her bead, that she now prefers it. Don't get me wrong, this is the desired goal. It makes those times she falls asleep in my arms sweet treats. She has phased out of the newborn cry and has a bigger cry now. Still sweet, though; not annoying in the least. She grew out of the sink for bath time and we are still looking for a good new fit.

She has her four month well child visit on the 29th, so I am sure I will have more updates then. For now, enjoy some pictures from Nauvoo. (Thanks Mindy!)




7 comments:

Emily and Clay said...

Unfortunately, on my computer I cannot read that font, so they were great symbols. The pictures however, speak for themselves. I just love your family!

lydia said...

Can you read it now?
I don't know what font I had...weird.

Anonymous said...

What a cute family! Kate has gotten so big! We do need to get together soon (last Monday was just a bad night). Time seriously does just fly by when you're not looking!

Emily and Clay said...

I love your post and yes I can read it now. She is so cute. You are such a good Mom, Lyd. She is lucky to have you and I can see why she is so sweet, she got it from you and Mike.

Mindy said...

Boy, I go out of town for a few days, only to discover two new posts from my little sis! I loved them both. The whole time/age thing sometimes mystifies me. The funny thing is, and I have told you this before, but I really look up to YOU in so many ways, and you're the younger one!
Kate is stunning, by the way. I am a dummy and neglected to post that beautiful profile pic from Nauvoo. I'll email it to you so you can share it if you wish.
LOVE YOU!!

Jenny said...

So sweet. She really is growing into her own, you know? I see hints of you both, but I think she can hold her own, too. I am so glad you are journaling all this, because I forget what it's like. (Unless you journal and scrapbook, which I do not.) I love your sentiments and Kate is definitely lucky to have a Mommy like you.

Kim said...

Hi Lydia!!!!!! It is your long lost friend Kim Fitzgerald Longhurst! Lacey gave me your blog. Ohmygosh you have THE cutest little baby girl ever. She is such a sweet little thing. It's sooooo good to hear what you are doing. Looks like life is wonderful for you. I am so glad. i would love to catch up with ya... my email is kimandjosh@gmail.com