Sunday, November 2, 2008

Really, its the least I could do

Picture time!

I know you have all been dying to see some pictures of Kate. She is SO GROWN UP, you'll just die! (That sounded just like my mother...)

As far as updates go, she's now 16 months old, about 25 lbs and 32 inches tall. She is extremely active (as you will see in the pics) and athletic; jumping, running, and climbing on EVERYTHING. She is a darling copycat and learning new words everyday. It seems like she understands so much of what we say.


She still loves (did I say loves? I meant
LOVES) dogs, but she has branched out to include all of God's creepers and critters.

We just bought her an Elmo potty and her first "big girl panties" but we aren't pushing it...just want to be ready when she is. She loves to help me do everything I do, including cleaning up and cooking.


And with no further adieu...


Our little trick-or-treating puppy!

I told you she likes to jump, right? She could spend hours on the trampoline, and gets some pretty impressive air. (See slideshow below, for more evidence)
I love this picture for the face she is making. Can you hear the "OooO" sound now? I must see this face a hundred times everyday and she explores and discovers all the exciting things the world has to delight her.
Oh man, how could anyone resist those puppy-dog eyes?

Now, because I know you want to what it's like to spend a half hour with Kate, I invite you to Nana's house.

11 comments:

VTS said...

If someone forced me to own a puppy it would be that one. I just want to put her in my pocket!

Thanks for agreeing with me on the results of the container contest. My idea was so SUPERIOR. There must have been some judging bias going on there.

mikemetcalf said...

What a lovable puppy! Thanks for posting!

Heidi Rogers said...

She is sooo cute, and I love the puppy eyes!!

Joseph said...

What AIR! Great shots. You gotta love a bouncing puppy.

Michelle said...

AAAAAH - SHE IS SO ADORABLE! I love that costume - perfect for Kate! She even let you put make-up on! I loved the trampoline pictures, I really can't believe how different she looks to me since August. I miss you guys!

Juliana said...

Ah, Lydia, those pictures are just priceless! I'm still amazed at her ability to keep her balance so well while she is jumping on the tramp. Who knows...you may have a little athlete on your hands?

It was the best Halloween treat ever to open the door and see that sweet Kate standing at the door looking cute as can be in her puppy costume! Love that little doll.

Thanks for sharing the pictures - I'll have to put my order in for some copies. :)

Natalie said...

Teach Kate to say this:
"I got mad air Mommy."
So dang cute. I'm at the computers at weber, which apparently don't have adobe flash, thereby prohibiting me from viewing your slide show. So expect another comment from me after I get home and watch!

Katherine said...

She is SOOOOO beautiful, Lydia! Congrats! I wish we could get together and hang out so I could play with her! (And catch up with you and Mike, too, of course!)

Jessie said...

So stinking cute! Wow, she's a LOT bigger than in the last pics.

Natalie said...

K I watched the slide show finally. Those are professional grade shots! My fave is the one of her examining the red leaf on the tramp. So sweet! And I love how just looking at her face you can tell she is delighted! She loves that trampoline!

The Green Family said...

Hey Lydia
I love the pictures of Kate! I can't believe how cute she is! So one of these days we should really hang out! I hope all is well with you and your family.