Thursday, January 7, 2010

the picture just doesn't do it justice, but here's the story

So I just opened the front door and there were several people standing in the street looking at up at the house to the east of ours and some were even taking pictures. So I asked what was going on and they told me there was a BALD EAGLE in my neighbor's tree. I had to see for myself, and I did. IT WAS HUGE! And beautiful. I went back in and got Kate's boots on so she see it too. We went back out and had another look. The others that were there said it had been in the tree for a while. I ran back in again to get my camera and when I got back out this time he was flying over the house to our south. This is the picture I got (zoomed in as best I could):

7 comments:

mikemetcalf said...

That's right, we got Bald Eagles in Roy. Whaddya you got?

Juliana said...

Hmmmmm... no bald eagles in Orem. Or at least that I've spotted lately! That's pretty cool, Lydia, that you and Kate got to see it. They're bigger than you'd ever think, aren't they?

Tammy said...

Man, of course when you got your camera to take a picture he flew away! Murphy's Law! What a neat experience.

Natalie said...

Not to one up you or anything, but I'm pretty sure we have a mouse living behind our TV. Apparently, it's not flying away any time soon.

Natalie said...

Lyd - you are mighty popular. Have you checked out your blog-view map lately? 39 views today, and all over the world. Tons in Europe, even a south america star. Wow. I'm impressed.

Michelle said...

WHAT! That is amazing Lydia - and I'm impressed you got a picture! Almost makes up for that whole snow incident, almost . . .

Whitney said...

I really like your blog, it's very unique!