Wednesday, January 6, 2010

He bite my finger a 'dil bit.


Kate has been totally into dinosaurs lately. She got some great ones for Christmas and has been playing with them everyday.
Last night she woke us up screaming and it took me a minute to calm her down enough to see what the matter was, though I suspected a bad dream. Once she was calm she told me there was a dinosaur under her bed. At first, I thought she just wanted one of her toy dinosaurs and it fell under the bed. But no, what she meant was there was a REAL dinosaur under her bed. So I told her I would check, and tucked her in telling her there aren't any dinosaurs under her bed.
After about 3 rounds of this, I pulled her into our bed in order to get some sleep.
Right when Kate woke up this morning she went into her room without saying anything. She came back a few minutes later saying "I can't find 'em, mama."
"Find who?"
"The dinosaurs under my bed." That was all I heard of it for the next two hours, and then just now we had this conversation:
Kate: "I need to go check on 'em."
Me: "Check on who?"
Kate: 'The dinosaurs under my bed." And off she went. Upon her return:
Me: "Is he scary, sweetie?"
Kate: "No, he's nice. I check on him and he's nice. I'm not worried about him. He bite me a 'dil bit. He's nice and bite me a 'dil bit. On my finger a 'dil bit." Then she went back upstairs again, this time with her binkie and her blankie.
"I give him my binkie and my blankie. He's nice. I'm not worried about him."
I seriously wouldn't think anything of this wad of blankie by her bed if I didn't know the story behind it.

And binkie a little further under the bed.

9 comments:

mikemetcalf said...

Love that girl :) How very thoughful of her to share her coveted binky and blanky! Glad the dinosaur didn't bite her too much. Thanks for posting!

Luke Larsen said...

Love it! You'll have to let us know if she ever names the dino. Reminds me about an incident I had with Kaisa about her Orange Balloon dying.

Jessie said...

That is the cutest dang story I've heard in a long time!
Love those Schleich dinosaurs. They're our favorite, too.

Michelle said...

That is too stinkin' cute. I love the cute and silly things little kids come up with :)!

Emily and Clay said...

What a little cutie. Hey have you ever noticed (I am sure you have) but Kate looks a TON like Mamba did as a toddler. Look on the front cover of "The Scotherns" video. Looks just like Kate!!

Juliana said...

Oh, I'm so glad you included pictures with this story. That's so cute! I hope Kate is getting used to her dinosaur buddy under the bed now, and that you're getting more sleep at night! By the way, I love her little bed... it's really the perfect size for Kate, isn't it?

VTS said...

Oh man, that girl is my FAVORITE! I want to be friends with her. So awesome!

Natalie said...

Well I'll be. If that's not the most precious thing I've ever heard.... thanks for the pictures. Honestly, a thousand words.

Michelle said...

I mmmmiiiissss her!! Thanks for sharing sweet Kate stories. She is so funny - I love that he bit her a 'dil bit, but he's pretty nice and she's not too worried about it. That little girl could not be cuter! Keep em comin' - the stories, well - and the kids, too:)