Monday, November 5, 2007

Halloween

We had a great Halloween this year...it's decidedly more fun when you have kids. Even though Kate won't remember it, we took her Trick or Treating for her first Halloween. I got her this cute Lady Bug costume a couple of months ago and modified it so that I could put it on over the Snuglie. Since I was going to be carrying her on my chest all night I decided to be a flower last minute.



Mike's costume was also last minute, but he was the grossest pirate we saw all night. And Zeus was "Super Dog" as all the kids called him. I think he was the most popular kid on the block that night.


8 comments:

mikemetcalf said...

I think Kate and I were complete polar opposites on the cute/ugly scale. In fact, when I first pulled up to the driveway, Sean told me he had thought to himself, "man, who is that hideous looking woman?"

Seriously ugly. But so much fun!

Emily and Clay said...

You all looked terrific! I love the flower Lyd. What a cute idea to have her in her snuglie and you as her background. GOOD THINKIN.

I am so glad you posted, I love all of the pictures.

Michelle said...

YEAH!! We loved your costumes so much! Kate and Lydia looked freaking adorable, Zeus was the hero we all know he is . . . and Mike, well . . . you are a very attractive pirate! Looked like a very successful Halloween. Lydia, I think you should market your "Snuggli as a Costume" idea, very very smart!

lydia said...

Michelle-
I actually thought of that! Thanks for the support. Maybe I'll look into it.

Natalie said...

Ladybug on a flower? GENIUS. While we're talking about ladybugs, have you ever seen one with no spots? I was raking leaves the other day and one landed right by me with no spots. I took a picture because I had never seen one like that. Do the spots mean something? Anyone?

lydia said...

Natalie-
I did some intensive research and found that the number of spots indicates the breed of ladybug and apparently there are many species. Also the spots fade with age.

For more than you ever wanted to know...
http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjects/insects/Ladybug.shtml

Nate and Janie said...

Lydia, it's me, Janie Maughan. Okay, so I blog-stalked and found you. Your costumes are so cute! I hope all is well with you and your family!

lydia said...

Janie! So good to hear from you! I freely accept blog stalking, all are welcome! (I especially like those that leave comments. *hint*hint*)