Saturday, January 19, 2008

A new home for Zeus Magoose

We have decided it is time to find a new home for Zeus. We love him so much, and Kate loves him, we just can't give him all the attention and exercise that boxers need. He has been a great dog and we will miss him terribly. We have shed tears together a few times this week at the thought of not having him in our family, but feel we are just postponing the inevitable at this point and that's not really fair to Zeus or us.

Ideally, we would love for Zeus to be with a family that we know so that we can visit him from time to time, so if anyone is interested or know someone who may be, please contact me! He LOVES kids, and so we think he would be best in a family with school aged children. We have posted an ad on KSL's Classifieds (http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=2518247&cat=) and we will be taking the adoption process very seriously.

This has got to be one of the hardest things we have had to do! We're going to miss you, Zeus Magoose!

Here are some pictures...





7 comments:

Mindy said...

Awww....

I'm really, really sad for you guys, but I understand. I wish I wanted to adopt him, but I just can't do it.
Hope he finds a great new home.

I've loved all your new posts, Lyd. It's been a few days since I checked blogs.

Hang in there! Keep us posted on Zeus.

lydia said...

Wow! We have spoken with so many families that are interested in ol' Zeus, and they all sound great! We are hoping that as we meet some of these families, the "right" family will be an easy choice, although I think there may be several good choices.

We are sure going to miss him! We will probably keep him through this week, so if anyone wants to say goodbye, just let me know.

Thanks, Mindy, for your post. We totally understand that he's not the right fit for you guys right now either.

Emily and Clay said...

I am sorry to hear that Lyd. I know you have went back on forth on the idea....it would be very hard to keep him & let him go. I am sad for you too. I hope things work out & you find a great new home for him!

MarylinandGary said...

I too am sad for you, but agree that an active dog like Zeus needs a lot of attention and work.

I love the way you are going about finding him a new home ~ you will at least have the peace of mind that he is getting a great new family to play with.

Natalie said...

Ah man! I love that dog. But I completely agree that you have to do what's best for Zeus. But I will miss his slobbery attention when I visit, that's for sure. Those pictures are priceless.

Anonymous said...

Awww man... Just when Zeus and i were truly bonding. I'll miss him, i really will. He's an awesome dog (dawg). I'd take him myself but i don't think it would be appropriate to addopt an animal that is more mature than myself. I say you just have him apply for a job at oxford. Professor Zeus of Yorkshire...or Layton. Both sound classy.

Lacey said...

Lyd...what a hard decision to have to make. I hope that you find a good family for him. They truly become a part of your family.