Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Blackest of black


My thumb, that is. I seriously can't keep a plant alive for a week! All you green thumbs out there...HELP!

Marylin, I swear I watered it and gave it indirect sunlight and everything else just like the little tag said. The only thing I didn't do was take it out of the decorative wrap and put it into another pot. Is that what killed it???

More importantly, is it beyond hope? I sure hope not, because it was one of the most thoughtful gifts and I was so looking forward to thinking of Zeus every time I saw it. But you can't think of the pet you miss while looking at a dead plant. It's just plain morbid.

6 comments:

MarylinandGary said...

What a hoot! My only guess would be that as it is in the house which is warm it decided that it must be summer so has started it's hybernation! Cut off all the leaves & flowers and put it somewhere dark until the fall and then put the bulb in the ground and see what happens come spring next year.

If that does not work, I will sneak by each spring and plant a new one for you to look at!!

Emily and Clay said...

Plants are such an interesting thing to me. My mom has always had a million in our house and it is almost too much....but I can't think about a house without a "Mom Plant". She has had a certain plan since I was a toddler! Some green thumbs!

As for me, I have only owned one plant; I've had it since 2000. However, it is one that only needs to be watered once every month or so and it is a champ. Maybe we could get you one of those???? :)

Jenny said...

Sorry, plants scream in terror when they see me a comin'.

Natalie said...

OH, sad. It looks like it is beautiful - was? Still, I think there's still hope for you.

Lacey said...

Lyd! I have the same problem...I cannot for the life of me keep a plant alive!

Flyin' Hawaiian said...

this quote that i came across today reminded me of you:

I have a rock garden. Last week three of them died.
- Richard Diran