Monday, July 20, 2009

Body-for-LIFE

A few days ago I stepped onto the scale to see a whopping 170 glare back at me. I have only been this weight (not pregnant, that is) one other time in my life--right after high school. It hit me hard that I am at my heaviest weight ever and something's GOT TO CHANGE.

In January of 2000 I rang in not only a new year but a new millennium and kicked it off with a diet/workout plan I had been reading about: Body-for-LIFE. If you haven't heard of it, you should check it out. Anyway, at that time, I didn't participate in the 12 week challenge but I did incorporate the priciples the plan is founded upon into my life. I lost 33 lbs over the next several months and more or less kept it off until I got pregnant almost 3 years ago. I let everything go, and I haven't gotten it back yet.

Until today that is. Not only have I recommitted to getting back the health and confidence I once enjoyed, I have entered the 12 week challenge and I have dragged Mike into it with me. He's a good sport, and a great ally to have on my team. Together I want to lose those 35 lbs again and Mike wants to add some muscle tone and definition.

I just took my before pictures... not a pretty sight. I will consider posting them once the challenge is done, but for now they're just to keep me motivated. I letting you all in on the loop so that you know I am 100% committed to this and any support or encouragement you want to throw my way will be received with gratitude. Oh, and don't be offended if I decline dessert or alter any food you have prepared. it's not personal, it's business.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Good Luck Lydia! You can do it!!!

Michelle said...

Good for you Lydia! Good luck :)! I'm horrible when it comes to saying no to food!... By the way this is Michelle Trujillo, ha ha. I saw a link to your blog on Mindy's blog forever ago and added it to mine but you don't update very much so that's why you are just barely hearing from me. Anyways I love your family picture at the top of your blog. Blogging is such a fun way to keep in touch so keep posting :).

Jessie said...

I'm totally proud of you! And if you can deal with marathon stuff, you can definitely do this!

I also weigh more than I ever have. Granted, I just had a baby, but I started the pregnancy about 20lbs overweight, so I'm feeling the need to commit to something and really lose some good weight in the next few months. I'm really hoping the breastfeeding thing will give me a head start...but still.

Incidentally, I think you're beautiful no matter what! But I totally understand that need to feel fit and healthy and energetic.
Anyway - thanks for motivating me as well! And good luck!

Natalie said...

I just put the bag of almond kisses I was snacking on back in the cupboard. Thanks Lyd, you're motivation is motivating!

And Amen to Jessie - you're gorgeous. Always.

Jenny said...

Glad to know I have friends in BFL! It truly is the best program out there for changing your body. I never felt as strong and happy as when I lived the BFL principles. So, yes... I am back on it as well, only this time I am going to make it stick. It is called "Body for LIFE" after all... not "Body for 12 weeks". I am trying to change that temporary mentality of mine. I stepped on the scale yesterday at a whopping 200, Lydia. So, pretty much my heaviest. But I am committed to change as well. Let's keep each other posted/motivated, ok? I love you and I am proud of you. I'll bring over some Myoplex Lite pudding!