Monday, August 17, 2009

2-year-old moments

Kate turned two in June, and we had her party at my dad's pool again. Here she is blowing out her candles. We practiced singing Happy Birthday and blowing out candles for several weeks prior to her party. Just look at that honed in focus!
Kate got a kitten for her birthday. She loves her "Mittens" dearly, and tortures her daily. :)
In the month of July, Kate's cousin Eli was in town from Ohio and they went on lots of adventures together. This is them at the Dinosaur Park in Ogden.


Kate thoroughly enjoyed the fireworks, and I was lucky enough to get this awesome reaction in a picture. One of Kate's favorite activities is playing in water in the backyard, be it sprinklers, the hose, or this bucket. One day she was wanting to play in the sink while I was doing dishes, so I added dish soap to her bucket. She had the time of her life!

On a recent visit to Orem, we went up to Bridalveil Falls in Provo Canyon. The lighting was absolutely perfect that evening, and I took about a hundred pictures. These two are my favorites! The two loves of my life.
I found out I am pregnant (yay!) a couple of weeks ago, and this weekend we announced it to Mike's family. I printed about 25 pictures that I had taken over the last month or so and put this one at the end. It was so fun to see the delayed reactions as each person read the sign Kate was holding. It was a fun and memorable way to announce.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

You have such a cute family! Congrats on the addition too! Hope all continues to go well for you.

Emily and Clay said...

Congrats, I am so excited for you both (or all three)~ I am happy to see a new post as well!

Natalie said...

GASP! A wonderful new post! Thank you. And I don't believe I congratulated you properly the night you told me the news. But I am so excited for you, Mike, and Kate plus one!

Michelle said...

Congratulations! How exciting! What a cute way to tell your family.

Jessie said...

Nice to see you blogging again! Kate is so stinking cute! And a huge CONGRATS on the pregnancy. How nice.

Mindy said...

Love this post! What a cute way to announce. I am sure the Metcalfs are thrilled, as are we. Hope you are feeling okay... Love you tons!

Juliana said...

I am still basking in the glow of the GREAT news. And I loved the way you shared it with us!

YEAH!!!!