Monday, August 6, 2007

Bath time: Who doesn't love a good bum scrubbin'?

Bath time has become one of Kate's favorite activities. And it's one of our favorite photo opps, and you will soon see why...

Emily gave us this spongy foam bath pad and I don't know what we would do without it! (Thanks, Em!) The first time we used it-at about 2 weeks old or less-we got to see how strong Kate is. When I flip her over to wash her backside she props herself up like this, holding her head up and standing in the sink! It's quite a sight...and then there's her adorable face. This is easily one of my favorite pictures to date!


The view from behind is equal in it's cuteness! I love the rim of bubbles around her bum and that amazing baby belly hanging out over her pelvis. "Oh my gosh, so CUTE." (Thanks to Maddie for the phrase that best describes Kate.)
Looks like she got her moms muscly arms and shoulders.

11 comments:

mikemetcalf said...

Her mom's muscly arms? No way, Kate definitely got my arms.

lydia said...

Wow, Mike! What other secrets have you been keeping from me?

MarylinandGary said...

Fantastic photo's Lydia - I love babies at bath time and bet they love all that "freedom" as well! And Mike, sorry, but I go with Mom's arms!

Natalie said...

Mike- how do you do that? Incorporate links into your comments, I mean. I think it's super-cool.

Emily and Clay said...

I love Kate! She is so darn cute I just want to pinch her little cheeks!!!!!

Natalie said...

Emily - which cheeks?

Jenny said...

DARLING!!! She is beyond darling! She is strong, too. I look forward to many, many more darling pics of Kate.
(How many times can you say "darling" in one post, anyway??)

Mindy said...

Do you REALLY want us to answer the question in the title of your post? :)
Oh my gosh, those are the cutest pictures--this post and the last. I love them all! I especially love the one of you holding Kate in the green room. One of my absolute favorite things about having a new baby is when their sweet little hands hold onto your skin or they do little scratchies. I'm sure you know what I mean. I DON'T love when their sweet little hands death-grip on a big chunk of hair, however. Has Kate pulled your hair much yet?
PLEASE, please keep posting pictures!

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU thank you for the new pictures. Kate is a DOLL...oh my goodness, I think I'm seeing Mike in her more all the time.

Oh, the bum and belly. SO CUTE! She looks so strong and healthy. I cannot WAIT to hold her when you come to Nauvoo in Sept.

I'm dreaming of the day you arrive.
Keep the pictures coming!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Those are darling pictures of Kate. She's getting so big!

Emily and Clay said...

Any new pics???? I need to come by and see her soon. She just might forget who her auntie Em is if I don't start making some appearances!