Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Blessings

The following pictures were taken on August 5th at our house following Kate's blessing. Thank you to all of you who were able to make it out and support our little family! Special thanks to Natalie, Rhett, and Shanna for taking copious notes of the blessing so that Kate will be able to know how special this day was. Thank you also to all of those who brought food for all of us to feast on.

With that...Kate, Mommy, and Daddy. Kate's amazing dress was a gift from her Nana. The bottom of the dress--unfortunately not visible in any of the pictures--had about a three inch satin trim.

Kate hardly fussed through the blessing and then slept most of the rest of the meeting and gathering at home.

With most of the men who assisted in the blessing.

Kate with some of her most adoring fans...her older cousins Seth, Rachel, Julia, and Cameron.

I posted this one just for you Rachel!! I think Kate looks like a porcelain doll and seems perfectly content having you watch her!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have died and gone to heaven. New pictures of Kate! Along with so many others who were at the blessing. Thanks, Lydia, for posting such lovely pictures of your new little family. Daddy, Mommy and baby look wonderful! Kate's little dress looks gorgeous, and SHE looks perfectly peaceful. What a beautiful little doll she is! Can't wait for you guys to visit here -- I'm going to hold her to my heart's content. If I can get here away from Rachel and Juji. I love you all dearly and pray for you every day.

Thanks again, sweetie! See you soon...
Grandma Evie

Anonymous said...

Oops, I meant to say I would hold Kate to my heart's content, if I can get HER away from her adoring cousins, Rachel and Juji.

Can't wait to see all of you who will be coming. I long to hold Emily again and give good Grandma hugs to all the kids. We are going to have fun.
Gr. Evie

Jer and Jealin said...

Her dress is beautiful! She is a adorable Lydia, and I'm not just saying that. Look how much your family has grown! That was nice of Nat and Shanna to take notes for you. That's definetly something you want to remember. Looks like you are having fun being a mommy! :)

Emily and Clay said...

She is so cute! You have a family now! Still has not totally sunk in for me.

The blessing was great. Mike did a terrific job!

Natalie said...

Lyd, I absolutely love your perfect little family. I just think the world of Mike and I'm glad you two found each other. Let's hang out again soon, and this time Mike and Rhett can come along. They need to get to know each other better anyway.

Anonymous said...

Yeah...love new pictures! What a happy day with lots of sweet memories. That little Kate is so precious - and heavenly to hold. I'm glad Grandma Evie will soon be getting a nice long turn!

Love you!

Jenny said...

Kate looks so doll-like in that pretty white dress...but much more beautiful than any doll I've ever seen. Kate is already so blessed to have you both as her parents.(I am so sorry I missed the blessing, but I wouldn't have seen anything but the church bathroom if I had come.) Anyway, love to you all.

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.