Monday, August 6, 2007

Family Pictures

I was looking through all of the pictures on the camera a couple of weeks ago and noticed that there weren't any pictures of me and Kate or of all of us since the day we got home from the hospital. I guess it makes sense, though, as most of the time that I am holding Kate I either look like I haven't showered all day (simply because I haven't) or I am nursing, and no one wants to see that. And we don't have pictures of the three of us because try as he may, Zeus still can't take a picture without having his ear flop down in the image.

Natalie helped us solve this problem, and Zeus was happy to be included in the picture.I think that working with babies AND animals is listed as a photographers worst nightmare. Lucky for us, they both did quite well.
I love this picture of Kate and me just chillin' in Mike's office. I love the way her little arm wraps around my not so little arm. ;)
Mike and Kate are naturals for the camera.

Can we be done now?? Please???Even when she's upset, she's just a doll.

8 comments:

mikemetcalf said...

Love the pictures honey! Although you should have let me photoshop a little color on those pasty legs of mine ;)

lydia said...

I didn't notice they were pasty, just that they were really long! :)

Natalie said...

Do you know what I think is cute? How you and Mike, while married and living in the same home, still comment on each others blogs. I love it! It's kind of adorable, really.

But speaking of adorable, on to the bum that steals the show! Love love LOVE the pics! Thanks for adding such adorableness to my day. She really is strong for her age, isn't she? No question you've got an athletic yet brilliant genius on your hands. Love you guys. The baby blessing was wonderful!

lydia said...

Natalie: Here's how it goes with Mike and I posting on each other's blogs. Mike says to Lydia (who is sitting 3 feet away at the other computer) "I just posted a blog." Lydia then checks the blog, leaves a comment and says, "I just left you a comment." Adorable or silly, take your pick of adjectives.

Emily and Clay said...

Darling little family! It is so exciting to me still.

Jenny said...

Yay for family pics with babies and dogs. Not an easy feat, but so cute in the end. Comments are fun, even if the person commenting is 3 feet away.
Love all of the pics you've posted, Lydia. What a great family you've all become. I am choking back the "D" word again.....d-d-darling! Shoot.

Anonymous said...

Kate is SO CUTE!! I love the ones where every one is in for a picture.

lydia said...

Rachel! I am glad you posted some comments on my blog! You should start your own, you would be by far the youngest blogger I know...and one of the most popular, I bet!