Wednesday, August 29, 2007

All the Kate pics you can handle

Kate is two months old already, can you believe it? We went to her 2 month well child visit yesterday and she is doing so great! She is 11 lbs. 7 oz. now and 23 1/2 inches long. That's big, as in 90th percentile for weight and 100th percentile for height. She and I shed a few tears together as she got her first shots (two in each thigh).

Kate is all smiles these days (as you will see in some of the pictures) and she is starting to coo which is a lot of fun. She likes to sit on our laps and look into our faces to have conversations. She loves her swing as of last week--hated it before that! Go figure. She likes to explore her surroundings--the window, the wall hangings, her clothes, toys, etc. She still loves to take baths, and hates to get out of them. She likes walks and hates tummy time. She had her first non-milk taste of food the other day...a lick of mommy's red Popsicle, and seemed to like it.

So I saw a slide show on another blog and decided to give it a go. I included pictures of Kate from birth through 2 months, so there may be some repeats. I chose a "gallery" format so that if you don't want to view all the repeats you can skip ahead. It's fun to see how much she has changed already! Enjoy!

11 comments:

Emily and Clay said...

Such a cute slide show! I love all of those pictures!!!!! You have so many to choose from for her modeling career.

Anywho--before I forget. My sister Jeanie did something really cute that you can do. Get a picture frame that has 12 slots (not the kindergarten thru 12th grade kind) just a regular frame. Then each month on her birthday take her picture (because they change so much from 0-1yr). Then put them in a frame and write the dates on the mat above the picture. They turn out so cute! Then you can see how much they have changed each month!!!!!!

After seeing all of those pictures it reminded me of it. If you want some help or even if you want to be the one to take the pictures and give them to me, I will make it for you if you want....since i still am missing Kate's box of stuff since my move :(.

CUTE PICS!

Brit said...

What a beautiful baby girl you have!! The slideshow was so adorable... I can't believe how much she's already smiling! They change so much during the first year, and you can definitely see it from your slideshow.

I am so happy for you guys!!

lydia said...

In case anyone is wondering...my favorite picture as of right now (also featured as my wallpaper, naturally) is the one titled "Angle Face". Who knew a bowling alley would have such superb lighting!

lydia said...

Emily! Thank you for that idea! I need to get on it...she needs more pictures in her room and that would just be perfect.

Jer and Jealin said...

She is so beautiful. Perhaps we can set her up with Beck for a date. Even though that time is a million yrears away :) I have been taking pics of Beck every month and doing the picture frame thing. It is so fun to see the differences! We are heading up there on the 27th. I would love to see Kate! You should be getting an invite to a shower for Dana soon, maybe you could bring Kate to that?

Anonymous said...

A Grandma's dream! What a great idea to have a slide show. :) I love the pictures of Kate - and the captions are the icing on the cake. So cute! Can hardly wait to see you tomorrow and play with that sweet little girl!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Mike's mom...a grandma's dream. After watching the slide show a couple of times, my favorites so far are Angel Face and That Is So Funny. Oh little Kate, you are and adorable, beautiful little girl.

I cannot WAIT until you guys visit me on the 13th. Just watch, as soon as I pick up Kate, she'll cry for her mommy. I'm gonna try to bond, though!

Thank you for a delightful slide show. What a great idea! See you soon!

Natalie said...

I'm in love all over again! Pretty good genes, guys. Pretty good genes.

PS How did you do that? The slide show, I mean.

Anonymous said...

Lydia, I love the pics!! Especially:"Are you bored yet?" Kate is a doll!!!!

Jenny said...

"That's so funny" is priceless! I haven't seen a 2 month old laugh like that before. Time just keep on flying....doesn't it? She is so healthy looking and strong! Wow. "Angel face" is like looking at heaven.
(At least my idea of heaven!) Love the picture of "Meeting Mommy", too. What an awesome day that was, and I got teary just remembering it.
Love you Kate!

Ben said...

Hi Lydia- I love the photos of Kate! Evan watched the slide show with me and talked to Kate the whole time about how cute she is. We love babies and yours is especially darling! -Megan