Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Middle (Maiden) Name Tag

I’ve been tagged! Here are the rules. You must post the rules before you give your answers. You must list something about yourself for each letter of your middle name. Each fact must begin with that letter. If you don't have a middle name, just use your maiden name. At the end of your post, you need to tag one person for each letter of your middle name. (Be sure to leave them a comment telling them they've been tagged and need to read your blog for details).


I was not given a middle name at birth, however I was given several in high school--pretty much any "H" name (Helen, Helena, Helga, etc.) so that my initials would be LHS. But, for the sake of the post, I'll just use Scothern-it's more official.


S-Spring Fever! I've got it bad! I have loved going outside to get the mail or put something in the trash with no shoes on! I never thought that a year and a half in a hot humid climate would change my feelings on winter, but it had a lasting effect and now I get Seasonal Affect Disorder!

C-Cheap. As in frugal, not easy. (Maybe it depends on who you ask :) ) I keep a pretty tight budget and things that I consider non-essential--new clothes, salon haircuts, etc--tend to get neglected.

O-Outgoing. This is a funny thing about me. I consider myself an Extroverted Introvert. I don't get nervous meeting new people and I can hold my own around people I don't know. I think most people would consider me outgoing, but really I am quite satisfied just spending time on my own.

T-Thinker. I kind of over-think things sometimes, and I analyze everything! I consider myself a good free thinker and open-minded.

H-Hard Worker. I have always been proud of my work ethic, and I am happiest after I know I have worked my hardest for a desired goal. I feel I am reliable and dependable as an employee, wife, mother, and friend.

E-Envious. I tend to get "green" more than I like. I try to keep things in proper perspective, but I do get envious at times. It usually only lasts a few minutes and then I realize how good I have it!

R-Rambler. I can't tell a story without it going into WAY too many details and taking about 10 times longer than it should. Many times I don't even get around to finishing the story without some reminders and prodding from the recipient.

N-Nocturnal. Try as I may, I RARELY get to sleep before 1 am. I am getting better at this, and I know that my days would be much more productive if I got a good night's sleep, but there's just something about those nighttime hours...


As far as tagging 8 people goes, (one for each letter of my name) I don't think I could come even close, so if any of you who are reading this post haven't done this tag yet, consider yourself tagged!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great post! I didn't know that about your middle "H" name. I think everything you said about yourself is pretty accurate. Especially that part about you being a reliable and dependable wife, mother, and friend. You're always willing to help get me out the door in the morning, even if you were up until 2AM the night before. You're always willing to listen to me, and empathize and love me when I'm having a hard day. You're the greatest Mom, and you have so much love for our little Kate. It brings me so much joy to know that she gets to hang out with such a great Mama all day. I love you!

Shanna said...

I'm going to go ahead and not consider myself tagged. 2 reasons:
1. Was also never given a middle name.

2. Not married...don't even have a maiden name. SCORE!

Loved your post and love you! Thanks for hanging out with me last Saturday.

Jenny said...

So nice to see you in the blog world again! I have missed you.
Let's get together for lunch sometime, because I am going through Kate-cuteness withdrawl.

Emily and Clay said...

Terrific post. I agree with Mike; you are one I admire so much for your friendliness & thoughtfulness. You are a GREAT listener (what is better than great, terrific, wonderful, the best). I know I can count on you any ol' day just to chat.

LOVE YOU!

MaKayle said...

Thank you for the few minutes of entertainment! And I'm looking forward to the rest!