Monday, March 10, 2008

Coming at me from all sides!

So I have been tagged a number of times over the last couple of weeks and I guess I better do something about it. So I will be posting one tag a day for the next, let's see...at least four days. By the time I am done I will officially have no secrets! Enjoy....

But first, can I just brag about how I have the absolute BEST baby in the whole world? Of course I can.

On Friday night, Mike's brother Shawn and his girlfriend Jordan came up from Provo for a double date. We decided to go bowling at Sparetime in Roy. We left the house about 7:45--Kate's bedtime--thinking she would fall asleep on the way and, knowing what a great baby she is, probably stay asleep for most of the time. When we arrived she surprised us by still being awake. No biggie, I thought. She'll fall asleep before too long.

We had to wait over an hour to get a lane and the whole time she stayed awake! She didn't make a sound, just looked around sleepily. Shortly after we got our lane they morphed the place into a disco--black lights, disco balls, LOUD hip-hop, etc. Kate was more visually stimulated than ever, so I decided to take her out of her carseat and let her enjoy it all for a bit. To say she enjoyed dancing with Mommy and Daddy, Shawn and Jordan to the likes of Justin Timberlake, Outkast, and other "well-known" hip-hop/rap artists would be a class A understatement!! We all had a blast dancing together for about a half hour, trading Kate off to someone else when it was our turn to bowl. She really was the life of the party!

Now, by this point it was about 10 pm, over 2 hours past bedtime. The only sounds out of Kate all night were giggles and squeals of delight, but I knew she must be tired. I decided to try putting her back in her carseat and just rocking her 'til she fell asleep. To my amazement, she was out within minutes, don't believe me? Look at the picture I took with Mike's phone!


p.s. I bowled a career high 156.

5 comments:

mikemetcalf said...

Great to see some new posts hon! My favorite part of the picture is Kate's blanket glowing brightly under the black light. She was so fun!

Anonymous said...

I loved this story and picture! Kate really is quite the amazing little girl (but of course, we knew that already!)

Emily and Clay said...

Of course she is the bestest!!!!! She is so happy!

I will be so happy for new posts from you too, even if they are just tags.

Emily and Clay said...

156 is great!!!! I am waiting, it is the 11th and no update?

Lacey said...

I am completely amazed at the fact that Kate only giggled and squealed...that is so great! I want to go galactic bowling...it has been years! :) How fun! I think I will do the middle name tag, but it will take me a litte while to post!