Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The moment you've all been waiting for...

Last week I took Kate to her very first (official, anyway) photo shoot. Wow! Those are a lot of work to get a few smiles out of your kid. She did really good, all things considered, and we got some really great shots.

The one to the left here was my absolute favorite. I know it's a little early for bathing suits but she just looks so cute in hers and I 'm afraid it won't fit her much longer. I had it blown up and framed and I hung it right inside the door as a surprise for Daddy. Mike didn't know we were doing a photo shoot, so he was truly surprised.

Oh! Today Kate is 9 months old. We had her well child visit last week and she is still just doing awesome. 19 lbs (70th%), and 29 inches tall (95th%). I had been worried about a lingering cough but the doc said her heart and lungs sound great. Always a relief.

She is a REAL little person these days. She has so much personality already! I know I don't have too much to compare to, but she is just an awesome, pleasant, EASY baby! She is crawling now, pulling herself up on everything (which, of course, comes with bumps and bruises, unfortunately), and making fun sounds with her mouth--except still no Ma Ma's. :( She is sleeping through the night again, and longer than ever. She is sleeping a lot the last couple of days--perhaps a growth spurt? She loves to eat our food. She's very aware of the fact that what she gets from the jar is truly disgusting in comparison to what she gets from our plates! But she still only has two little bottom teeth, so that desire goes unfulfilled for the most part.

Her little laughs and smiles and facial expressions make us so happy!

Here is a slideshow with a few of the other pictures from the shoot. This place we went to had really bunnies to take pictures with. The look on Kate's face for those shots is well deserved, as the bunny bit her! Not until after it bit her did the photographer mention, "yeah, the bunnies are kind of at their wits end." Thanks, for the warning.

15 comments:

Flyin' Hawaiian said...

awww. .. that's soo cute

Shanna said...

Lydia,

Your little girl is so cute! I am so glad to be able to keep in touch and find a lot of friends from high school. Looks like life has been good so far.

Shanna (Priest) Wiscombe

Mindy said...

Oh..my..GOSH!!! These pictures are so cute! I saw a few of them at Mom's, but I loved the slide show. I can't believe that Kate is 9 months old already. Every stage gets more and more fun--you are in for so many treats (and probably a few tantrums, but lets dwell on the positive!).
You are such a good Mommy. I love you.

The Cooper's said...

Lydia she is beautiful! who took your pictures? Were they reasonably priced? They turned out awesome!

Emily and Clay said...

I love these little pictures! She is so cute & has such a cute face!!!!!!!

Ashlee said...

LYD!!! That has got be to the cutest swimsuit in history and she is adorable.....this is your first friend pretty much EVER Ashlee!!

mikemetcalf said...

This was a way better Easter surprise than any amount of peeps the EB could bring! (Plus, i don't really like peeps.) Love those pictures, love our baby! Thanks for posting honey!

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures, and it's been so fun to have some for work where I can show Kate off for all to see!

Thank you, again. :)

Salty Incisor said...

Love the one in the roses, adorable. She looks like you!!! I love her name its my daughter's middle name. Tell Mike i will get him his card soon sorry...

Jenny said...

Aw, man. I just want to pinch every inch of her! The bathing suit picture you gave me and bed of roses pictures are my faves.
She looks a little freaked by the bunny, but I don't blame her. They freak me out a little too.
There just aren't enough adjectives to describe Kate's adorableness.

Michelle said...

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL LITTLE DOLL! I can't get over how darling those pictures are! I love her little swimming suit and hat - so sweet. I do not, however, love the bunny that bit her - eeek!!! Poor Kate! She was such a good sport! Thanks for sharing, she is gorgeous and I can't wait to play with her in May!

Jessie said...

So super cute!
Calvin started talking at about 9 months (his 1st word was "duck") - and I didn't get a "Mama" until months later. I was like: What am I, chopped liver?
Then Milo said "mama" really soon after his first word ("open"). Kids are so funny.

For me I, at about 9 months I fall in love with them all over again, and then again sometime after 12 months. It just gets more and more fun. I'll put out a warning for 2 1/2yrs - 3 3/4yrs, but you were a nanny, so you probably already know that. It's just kind of sad when you watch your angel start doing naughty little things, but it's also kind of nice to see that they're figuring out life.

You're such a cute little Mommy. Keep up the good work.

Shanna said...

Cindy Crawford eat your heart out! She is fantastically gorgeous...even in a swimming suit (not many girls can pull that off--personal experience.) She is adorable.

VTS said...

I still can't believe that I haven't even met her yet. Yikes! This is getting rediculous. OK, as soon as Nat comes back we'll have our soup date. Cool? Cool.

She's SO BEAUTIFUL!

Rachel Amidon said...

Lydia, I love the pictures. Kate is so cute. I didn't realize that she and Braden are so close in age. It is a fun age.