Thursday, March 13, 2008

tagged: the second

What were you doing 10 years ago?

Let's see...I was 17 years old, a Junior at Layton High School. I was in Laytones, and like Shann, getting ready for California, hoping for a CTR, no doubt. Who would I have liked then?? Hmm, I'm not sure. Dustin Hall and I kinda had an on again off again thing all through high school, and I think we may have been on around this time. I was working at Blockbuster Music and already suffering from Senioritis.

5 things on my "to-do" list today.

1-Make an appointment for Kate's 9 month Well Child Visit.
2-Register for the Ogden Half-Marathon.
3-Watch Survivor.
4-Clean up, make dinner, and all the other usual chores.
5-Play with Kate!

6 Snacks that I enjoy.

1- Anything Chocolate, but especially Chocolate covered cinnamon bears. Shanna introduced these to me right after I had Kate and I'm totally hooked!
2-Mrs. Call's licorice flavored caramels.
3-String Cheese.
4-Edamame's.
5-Fresh Fruit, especially pears and peaches.
6-Fresh Veggies, especially straight from the garden. (Which I am planning to try my black thumb at this year.)

3 bad habits. (Only three?)

1-I'm a picker. Pimples, ingrown hairs, scabs....anything that has topography doesn't last long on my body! I realized it was a major problem when I started picking at Kate...
2-I am not very punctual, and especially late for church. It's something I know there is no excuse for, but try as I may I just can't be on time!
3-Blog Stalking. Need I say more on this one? I love it, but man! The time sucking effects it has are out of this world! :)

If I were suddenly a billionaire I would...

First of all, I'm glad it says billionaire instead of millionaire because sadly there's not much room for creativity with only a million dollars! So if I were a billionaire I would definitely try not to broadcast it so I can share the funds with family and friends as anonymously as possible. I think that Mike and I would both LOVE to finish up school, including our Masters', without having to worry about making ends meet. I would put enough into a high yield savings account for a comfortable retirement including a couple of missions, college savings funds for 5 kids. Then the rest will probably go to gasoline.

5 Places I've lived. (why not all 7?)

Kearns, UT (1980-1983)
Layton UT (1983-1999), Layton (2003-2006)
Chagrin Falls, OH (1999, 6 weeks)
Suffield, CT and Plainville, CT (1999-2001)
Provo, UT (2002, 10 weeks)
Thailand (2002-2003)
Roy, UT (2006-present)


5 Jobs I've had.
Happijac: packager, assembler, manager (too many years of my life!)
Blockbuster Music
Claire's Boutique (for like 1 week!)
Nanny
America West Bank: New Accounts, Draw Department

5 Things people don't know about me

I want to be a carpenter! I took a woodworking class a couple of years ago, but unfortunately the timing was bad (work and school full time) so I only made a shelf. I hope to get back into it one day.

I am content with my body to the extent that I haven't ever thought (seriously, anyway) about plastic surgery. The only thing that I plan to change someday is to get laser hair removal in a few areas. The sooner the better!

I'm kind of the "jack of all trade, ruler of none" type. I am ok at a lot of things, but I don't feel like I have any truly mastered and impressive skills.

While I was in Thailand (as a missionary) I held a very large, very live, very venomous King Cobra around my neck. It was "trained" but seriously, what was I THINKING??

Most of you know this already, but I used to have a significant gap between my two front teeth. Also while in Thailand. my companion lost her retainers and while we were at the orthodontist I saw that to get my teeth bonded was only going to cost like $25! I figured for that price it was worth the risk and I could just get it taken off if it was terrible.

Are you bored yet? There are a couple more to come....unless you're bored. Don't be afraid to say so; I respect straight forwardness!

11 comments:

Emily and Clay said...

Coming straight at ya--NOT BORED.

I love reading these kinds of posts. So savings for 5 kids hu? When is #2?

I was recently introduced to string cheese. Now, you might think it is wierd but I had never had it until hmmm about 6 months ago. I tried one of Clayts and now I am hooked. I had it for breakfast with my Coke today :). Delicious & Nutricious!

Good luck with a garden! I will come help dig & plant if you need any help.

The Cooper's said...

Not bored at all! I laughed out loud when you said your billion dollars will probably go to gasoline! Hilarious!

Lacey said...

Me too Jen! I thoroughly enjoyed your answers Lyd! Seriously though, the Ogden half marathon? That is awesome! Good luck with that-you'll have to keep me posted.

Jessie said...

Ah, the CTRs. I longed for one, but alas, did not get one. Thanks for reminding me. hee hee hee

Salty Incisor said...

I sorta gave up on ya cause you hadn't posted in awhile. Yeah I was blog stalking you cuz you're on Jenny's blogroll. I like your posts. I l liked u immediately when I met you at the candle party. I think its funny that you call yourself an extroverted introvert. I didn't know you were RM from the land of Thai. Cool!

Jenny said...

Keep 'em comin' Lydia. I love finding out more about you. It's funny you said you wanted to be a carpenter. I myself think that would be fun. I am so tempted to go bang on some boards up at my new house....

Jer and Jealin said...

Totally not bored. I want more. You really had me laughing with this one. If I remember correctly you did have a CTR that year. Dare I say his name on your blog? It may have been a different year. I'll give you a hint, it starts with an 'E'. Can't wait for the next tag!!

Jen said...

Hey Lydia!! Long time since I've talked to you! Hope things are going well. Kate is adorable!

MaKayle said...

I just had to respond to your comment...I'm glad that I'm not the only one that's questioning the Twilight movie. I'm having the hardest time with the Edward they chose. I did see THE most perfect Edward at the doctors office a couple of weeks ago and he was probably wondering why I was staring at him.

Mindy said...

Very fun, Lyd. I love these kinds of posts--it's amazing how much you learn about someone that you think you know pretty well!

Am I the only one who doesn't know what a CTR is? (California Trip Romance, maybe? enlighten me)

I can't remember you living in Provo.

I hate to burst your bubble, but laser hair removal is not a long-term solution. I had it done on my upper lip right after we moved here to Utah, and all the hair grew back a few months later. :(
I don't think it is worth the money!

lydia said...

Emily- #2 will be thought about in about another year.

Jealin- I did have a CTR that year...you're right on the money. He's kind of a relative now, have I told you that? He's married to my sister-in-law's sister.

Mindy- yes, California Trip Romance. And Provo was just the MTC.