Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Twi-hards, breathe easy

I think I've had the "I'm really worried about the Twilight movie" conversation with about everyone I know, so I thought I would share with all of you that I now feel a little more at ease about it. Why this change in feelings, you ask? Well, I guess I have to go back to why I was so worried in the first place.

#1-Summit Entertainment? Excuse me, who? That's right. No one had ever heard of them.
#2-Robert Pattinson. He's a cute guy and all, but what got me worried were his teeth. He just lacks that dashing, can-get-his-way-in-any-situation smile that is a prominent Edward characteristic.
#3-Up to this point I was still hopeful, but then they released these pictures and all my fears were realized.Fear #1 was proven worthy by the obvious cheapness of this photo shoot, and fear #2 was realized by the fact that Rob is not smiling in any of the pictures. Well there's no way he can keep his mouth closed for the entire movie, so they must be hiding it, hoping we won't think of that. On top of that, all of the Cullens-the most beautiful people on the earth-just look a little, well, off. Bad wigs, wrinkly clothes... I could go on.

Well, I was lucky enough to be shown a little bit of light today. MTV has released some behind the scene footage that revived a shred of hope that this movie won't be the laughing stock of 2008. No, it might actually be good.

With no further ado, please click on the link and watch all of the clips.

http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1585900&vid=226476

So there you go! Even though I don't think they did anything with Robert's teeth, they're not that distracting. The rest of the Cullens look much more beautiful (especially Jasper, woo woo) than in that horrific photo shoot, and from what they showed, they seem to be staying pretty close to the books, which is always a plus.

This may be jumping the gun a bit, but ladies keep your calendars open on 12-12 for a girls night out. (Also Jenny's birthday, quite appropriately.)

15 comments:

Emily and Clay said...

I still need to borrow those books ;). I haven't read any yet and I know by reading everyone's blogs I am behind the times!

Ashlee said...

Hey Lyd-

I want to go for a girls night out too! I don't know if I feel better or not after watching that but I guess I will just have to wait and see!

lydia said...

Ashlee, you (and all) are of COURSE included in the gno. We need to get together soon.

How are you feeling?

Ashlee said...

I am feeling well. I am kind of tired but I am pretty much all healed at this point! I think I am tired because I am fat and lazy though, not because of the surgery....haha!

Mindy said...

Lyd, it's funny that you posted this today, because I stumbled onto a girl's blog through a link of my friend Brittney, and the girl was raving about a Twilight party she had just been to, with decor, food, games, quizes--all centered around the Twilight series. One of the guests was even wearing a Bella Bracelet she had ordered online. Wow.

I liked the books a lot, but reading them six times each, and owning three copies of each, and spending $60 on a Bella bracelet (all comments from guests at that party) is a little cuckoo, but I guess there are a lot of worse things to be obsessed with!

I couldn't link to the clips, but I know it's my computer and not the link. I'll try later.

Still, count me in for the GNO!

(P.S. I have your stroller, formula container, and one of Kate's toys from the weekend.)

VTS said...

Am I the only one that wasn't impressed with the books? But I love a good GNO, so I'll pen that in my calendar 8 months in advance.

I'd LOVE to run with you. Thanks for the offer. And I love reading about your training on your other blog. It's so motivational.

Flyin' Hawaiian said...

you are welcome ... btw

Michelle said...

Lydia! That made my day! Thank you for sharing and I want to say "ditto" to everything you said . . . Especially about that original photo shoot they did - aaaah - it was PAINFUL! The clips were quite promising and encouraging, although I'm not quite sold on Edward. And, isn't whatshername supposed to have a short, sleek pixie-cut, I'm not a fan of the fanned out bob thing. I do, however, think Jacob is cute - good choice! Anyway, I really am breathing easier:) Thanks!!

Jenny said...

Wow. What awful pictures. I was REALLY sick to my stomach until I saw the MTV clips...maybe there is still hope....maybe.

mikemetcalf said...

I'm totally in on GNO! I'll dress up as Edward and give everyone ice massages, and then invite some guy with long hair over and beat the living crap out of him. It will be awesome.

Natalie said...

Confession! I'm in the middle of the third book!

I swore I'd never read them, because really - vampire high school romance? PASS. But then I forgot to bring a book on our trip to Cancun, and so I bit the bullet and bought it at the airport bookstore. I need not tell you the rest of the story - new addict will suffice.

But, really. My imagination did Edward far more justice than this clown's mug shot. When I think of hottest thing on the planet, he's not who comes to mind. Anyone else create a hotter version of Edward in their head or am I the only one.

Mike, why don't you just dress up as Mike Metcalf and come and beat the crap out of that sissy Edward imposter? I'd pay to see it.

mikemetcalf said...

lol natalie. Done and done!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Natalie, great suggestion!! I would love to see that, too. :)

(And I'm with Mike as well...lol!!)

Lydia, I hadn't seen these photo shoots pics before - in one word "awful!" I had already decided I couldn't see the movie because there's no way it could measure up to the story in my head. But the clips gave me hope! I think they did a very good job casting, with one glaring exception...

No surprise here. I really don't think this Edward comes close to my image of him from the book - not even. But interestingly, I'm not a great Bella fan at all after reading the books, but I think I might like her character in the movie, based on the clip I saw with this actress.

Hmmmmm... I will stay tuned. Thanks for the update!

mahina said...

i have not liked their choice for edward from the beginning! not good looking enough!

Summer said...

oh gosh, i REALLY wish i was going to be there for the girls night!!!!! this stinks, there aren't any twilight fans here :(
so sad!